This account used to make at least several hundred dollars a month.
This month? I’ve made $20 so far.
Ok — one of the reasons I make less is because I haven’t published as much. But you should have to publish once a day or more to get your article seen.
So, what can I do about it?
- publish even more (and watch the quality decrease)
- publish less but pay more attention to quality
- include links to older articles in newer articles
- tweet older articles
- try a writer collaboration (who’s in? We’ll talk about that)
- publish more often in publications
- publish less often in publications
- make one post a week free (a good one, not a lazy one)
The truth is — this account has been struggling for a while. But this account is the one I love (as compared to my real name account).
If you’re not a Medium Member, you might have noticed that you can only read three posts for free. If you’re an unpaid Member, you can read five posts for free. Why do you need to pay after that? Because Medium pays writers for the work they put into creating content. While other sites have ads, Medium doesn’t. So, if you want to read loads of great content on an ad-free site, you should get a paid membership at Medium! You can get your Membership here.
(Disclosure: If you join through my link, I’ll retain a portion of the fee you pay but you won’t pay anything extra)
Here’s some other articles about Medium you might like: